Resources for Oakland companies, nonprofits and employees to prepare, prepare and react to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
- Employee, Musician and Arts Nonprofit Resources
- Request one-on-one Company Assistance
- SBA Loans & Advance Give
- Give Programs
- Loan Products
- Unemployment Advantages
- Sick & Disability Keep
- Help Tools & Solutions
- Procedures to Protect Income
- Eviction Moratorium
- Workplace Security
- Purchases, Releases and Past Updates
- Translated Papers
Employee, Musician and Arts Nonprofit Resources
For the latest Alameda County general public Health Order and authorized available and shut companies, please look at the preparing Resources for Business Re-Opening website
Request one-on-one Business Assistance
Organizations, nonprofits and sole proprietors are expected to use the City’s COVID-19 Business Impact Data Survey, to get private support.
Small enterprises, nonprofits, single proprietors and separate contractors may feel overrun by the support that is many available. Please think over:
- Using now when it comes to SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan and give Advance
- Pursuing a crowdsourced, zero-interest loanfrom KIVA
SBA Loans & Advance Give
SBA’s Payroll Protection System
Modify: The due date for trying to get the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) ended up being 8, 2020 august. SBA information indicates that significantly more than 6,700 Oakland organizations have already been authorized for PPP loans.
SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program offered loans as much as ten dollars million together with choose banking institutions. This is certainly a forgivable loan to keep workers on payroll and continue maintaining income amounts for as much as 24 days. To be forgiven, at the least 60percent for the loan can be used for payroll, such as the price of employer-provided health benefits. If you have already let go your workers, this loan supplies the chance to employ them right back.
- Less cash is needed to be used on payroll. Initially 75% of this loan needed to be utilized for keeping payroll to allow the mortgage to be forgiven. That threshold is currently 60% вЂ“ permitting as much as 40per cent to be utilized on lease, home loan, interest and utilities.
- More hours to expend the income. Borrowers will currently have 24 days to utilize their PPP funds, rather than the initial 2 months.
- Additional time to rehire staff. Borrowers are in possession of until December 31 to ultimately achieve the staffing mandate of keeping the normal amount of employees they had on payroll at the time of February 15.
- More hours to settle. For everyone loans that aren’t fully forgiven, borrowers are in possession of 5 years to cover right straight straight back loans made on or after June 5. For many with loans made ahead of 5, check with your lender about entering an agreement to extend your repayment period june.
PPP Loans faqs – May 27, 2020 (includes info on loan forgiveness)
Loan Forgiveness Application and instructions that are detailed been released for the Payroll Protection Program. The shape and guidelines consist of a few measures to cut back conformity burdens and simplify the process for borrowers.
SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan
June 15, 2020 modify: The SBA has reopened the Economic Injury tragedy Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance program portal to any or all applicants that are eligible financial effects because of COVID-19. Given that the EIDL and EIDL Advance application portal is accepting new applications, additional small enterprises and non-profits should be able to get long-term, low-interest loans and crisis funds вЂ“ decreasing the financial effects of COVID-19 on the companies, workers plus the communities they help.
The SBA has encouraged the town that organizations whom sent applications for a financial damage tragedy Loan (EIDL) just before March 30, should re-apply now utilising the online portal.
Prepping to use for Emergency SBA Economic Injury Loans – payday loans in North Dakota Source: Northern California small company developing Centers
- Apply on line at SBA’s Disaster Loan Assistance Portal
- Make sure to check out the package at end regarding the application for as much as $10,000 advance grant, grant total will be based upon pre-disaster worker count ($1,000 per employee)
- This is actually the way that is fastest to have fast monetary help. Even in the event that you decide not to ever make the loan or are declined, you nevertheless maintain the advance loan as a grant
- View a video that is informational the Economic Injury Disaster Loan
That is generally speaking qualified:
- Small enterprises (generally individuals with lower than 500 workers)
- Sole proprietors, separate contractors and self-employed people
- Nonprofits вЂ“ 501(c), 501(d) or 501 ( e)
- Faith-based companies, no matter whether they offer secular social solutions
Want Assistance navigating and SBA loan system?
- Berkeley Law studentshelp small businesses navigate the federal CARES Act
Laney & Merritt students BWOPA CARES Fall 2020 funds of $250. The applying due date is 6 pm on December 9.
The East Bay Community EnergyвЂ™s (EBCE) COVID-19 Community Grant provides funds all the way to $10,000 to for-profit or organizations that are nonprofit provide help in a minumum of one associated with after areas: Assistance in Energy or Utility Bills, Food safety, Rent help, bodily and Mental Health solutions
The Beauty Changes Lives Nail expert Relief Grant is present to licensed experts who can maybe not maintain their regular income throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. One-time funds of $1,000 can be obtained to give you short-term monetary relief to qualifying applicants that display monetary hardships. The two-part application is perhaps perhaps not tuned in to mobile phones, therefore please apply making use of a pc or tablet. Applications are actually available.
Chance Fund’s Small Company Relief Fund
East Bay Community FoundationвЂ™s COVID-19 вЂ“ a simply East Bay Response Fund for nonprofits
The Foundation Directory on line helps nonprofits find capital by giving information regarding the biggest public and private fundamentals when you look at the U.S.
The California Rebuilding Fund is a loan that is new created to help Ca’s small enterprises because they adapt and navigate the consequences of COVID-19. Bbusinesses with as much as 50 full-time employees and gross revenues of not as much as $2.5 million or below in 2019 might be qualified to use.
- Centro Community Partners offers entrepreneurs that are local companies help whenever trying to get a KIVA loan
Tragedy Relief Loan Guarantee Program loans for small enterprises and nonprofits